Day Assessment and Rehabilitation Service
We provide assessment and rehabilitation services for older people with a variety of complex needs.
Our services are for older patients with a variety of complex needs associated with old age including poor mobility, falls and problems with medication and nutrition.
We have assessment and rehabilitation centres across the county offering patients access to doctors, nurses and therapists. We can carry out assessments, diagnostics and treatments. Providing care and advice can help reduce the risk of conditions getting worse and patients needing to attend Accident and Emergency unnecessarily.
We offer the following services:
- Access to community hospital beds for rehabilitation for people who require 24-hour care
- Clinical diagnostics including for example X-rays, scans, blood tests and readings of your heart activity and blood pressure
- Consultant-led medical assessments
- Follow-up appointments to review diagnostic results
- Medication reviews
- Nursing assessments and health promotion
- Physiotherapy and occupational therapy assessments and treatment programmes and
- Referral onto community health and social care teams to enable further care at home
Depending on your needs, what happens in the appointment may vary. Your clinician will be able to explain what will happen in more detail.
You should bring all your current medication and your latest prescription (as well as your hearing aid or reading glasses if used).
The length of your appointment will be dependent on the reason of the visit. However, most appointments take around three hours, but may take longer if another test is required during the appointment.