Community Dental Services
Our service offers high quality preventive dental care and treatment to patients in Surrey.
Please note, our services are run from a number of clinics that are listed to the right. You will be notified in advance where your appointment will take place.
This is a specialist referral service for children and adults who due to a variety of special needs have been unable to have those needs met in a General Dental Practice.
We offer a comprehensive list of treatments to ensure dental health including:
- Oral hygiene and dietary advice, scaling and polishing
- Examination, fillings, extractions, fissure sealants, root canal treatment, dentures, crowns and bridges
- Relative Analgesia sedation
- Provision of dental extractions under general anaesthetic (treatment carried out at various Hospitals across Surrey)
- Should we not be able to meet your needs we will refer you to the service you require
- Domiciliary visits for patients who have been certified as house bound by their General Medical Practitioner (GMP)
Once your referral has been accepted, you will receive a letter to confirm your first appointment. Appointments can be made by either visiting the centre or telephoning during opening hours.
During your first appointment the Dentist will conduct a full dental examination. This will include:
- Dental charting
- Discussion between the Dentist and patient to formulate a treatment plan and options
- Oral hygiene preventative advice
- Possible dental X-rays;
- Possible referral to see a Dental Therapist for diet advice and treatment on prescription from the Dentist
Each appointment is dependent on your needs so appointment times will vary. However, first appointments normally take about 30 minutes to allow for examination, treatment planning, X-rays and discussion and advice.
Patients who are referred into the service and are not exempt from NHS charges will be required to pay for any treatment carried out. Up to date NHS dental charges are on display in the waiting area. If you think you are exempt from NHS dental charges please bring evidence of your exemption with you to your appointment or you will be asked to pay for your treatment.
We accept payment by cash or debit/credit card.
Referrals into our service can be made by General Dental Practitioners (GDP) and other healthcare professionals by completing a referral form in full to ensure timely and efficient processing of the patient’s appointment and sending this over to the following address:
Surrey Community Dental Services
Central Referral & Triage Centre
Guildford GU2 4AX
or faxing the forms to 01483 783 317.
If you are a professional wanting further information, please contact our Buryfields Clinic on 01483 783 311.
The form must include:
- Full address including postcode and your contact number, whether the patient needs a hoist or has a large wheelchair
- General Medical Practitioner (GMP) details
- Your contact details
- A contact number for the patient/carer
- Presenting problem with investigation results, medication and relevant history
- Social situation including care package, community services input and accommodation issues
- Current medication list and
- Exemption to paying dental charges status